Motorhome and Campervan Insurance

Find the Motorhome or Campervan Insurance For You With Advance Insurance

Insurance for your home on wheels. With access to a wide range of specialist insurers, let us find you the policy that protects you while home and away

Who We Are

At Advance, we specialise in protecting your motorhomes and campervans. We are able to provide insurance cover for all types of Motorhomes and Campervans, including A-Class, Coach-built and Low-profile Motorhomes, as well as Campervans ranging various sizes, ages, and brands.

All types of cover can be obtained, including full European cover, Glass cover, and cover for your vehicle contents.

Types of Motorhome and Campervan Insurance...


With access to a range of insurers, let us help find you the policy that caters to your needs, whether that is staycations or exploring Europe


Providing specialist insurance for over 90 years, helping to arrange campervan policies designed to suit your needs and requirements

Converted Campervan

Advance Insurance will be able to help you to find a campervan conversion insurance policy that suits your needs and requirements

Frequently Asked Questions

There are key differences between a motorhome and a campervan. 

  • Usually, motorhomes are bigger, with more storage. 
  • They will have a clearly defined driving cab and living area. 
  • They often have other features such as over-cab areas with a bed. 
  • Campervans are usually smaller inside, with more basic amenities. A standard van with a bed in the back does not qualify as a campervan. 

A campervan insurance policy will not cover a motorhome and vice versa. 

Depending on the level of insurance cover you take out, there may be additional cover that is included with your specialist motorhome insurance. For instance when you take out Comprehensive insurance the below is included with that level of cover: 

  • Increased Personal Belongings Cover 
  • Awnings Cover 
  • Extended cover for EU trips 

Third Party Only (TPO) – The minimum legal requirement available for motor insurance. 

  • Will cover damage to other people’s vehicle/property. 
  • Injuries to passengers or animals, and other people involved. 
  • Accidents caused by other named drivers on your policy or passengers. 

TPO insurance will NOT cover any damages to your own vehicle or injuries sustained because of a fault claim. There will also be no cover in the event the vehicle is lost via Theft or Fire. 

Note – Not all insurers will offer TPO cover and if it is offered it may have a maximum value restriction. 

Third Party, Fire & Theft (TPFT) – As TPO but with some additional covers: 

  • Cover included if your vehicle is Stolen, Damaged or written off by fire damage. 

TPFT insurance like TPO will not cover you for damage to your car or an injury you might suffer if it is your own fault. If offered, it may have a maximum vehicle value restriction. 

Comprehensive – Covers all as per TPFT alongside some additional covers: 

  • Will cover damages to your own vehicle. 
  • May cover damages to your windscreen. 
  • May cover for personal contents in the car. 
  • Medical costs only following a fault accident (up to a specified amount) 

You can add optional extras to your specialist motorhome insurance, some of the extras you can add are listed below. If there’s anything else you’d like to know about, call us to get a quote, we’ll make sure you receive the right insurance cover for your motorhome. 

  • Optional breakdown cover 
  • Legal Expense Insurance 
  • Excess Protection 
  • GAP Insurance 

Joining a recognised club like “The Caravan and Motorhome Club” can help this and if possible avoid on-street parking. 

advance insurance

New Business
8 Avon Reach
SN15 1EE

Advance insurance

16 High Street
BA13 3BW

Advance insurance

Imperial House,
College Court,
Regent Circus,

Advance insurance

16 Fore Street
BA14 8HA